We didn't get to ride together this summer in Utah, so Richard planned a 2-day trip to Sussex to do a couple 35 mile rides. After reading Nicole's blog about riding in the desert, I thought I'd blog about why we'll never move to Arizona!! On our ride we ....

stayed on the grounds of this cottage - parts of the cottage were 15th century,

rode down leafy, shady lanes,
rode past loads of gorgeous, old mansions,
stopped and saw a 778 year old church,
Richard did a great job of making sure we didn't get lost. A few less hills and it would have been

stayed on the grounds of this cottage - parts of the cottage were 15th century,

rode down leafy, shady lanes,
rode past loads of gorgeous, old mansions,
stopped and saw a 778 year old church,
saw lot and lots of pubs
and had dinner in one of them. Our b&b host made us reservation for his favourite table -- a private table in a curtained alcove. Only drawback was that it was right by the bar, so throughout dinner we got to listen to a lot of drunk, rich toffs speaking about their polo match the next day.
Richard did a great job of making sure we didn't get lost. A few less hills and it would have beentwo great rides. (and all I had to carry were the power bars!!)
You guys should retire in an old mansion in Sussex....it's beautiful. I will swap with you any day of the week.
ReplyDeleteI always thought I would be a good polo player if isn't wasn't for the horses.
Did you leave Shelly in charge overnight? Very dangerous.
I would like to say that I had a back pack on too. I would never make Nicole carry everything, well maybe never.
ReplyDeletealso - you forgot the other reason you will never live in Arizona: I live in Texas!
ReplyDeleteMum and Dad have always treated us fairly - so they will most likely live in between us ...in New Mexico.
ReplyDelete